Monday, October 13, 2008

my work is coming along now i have modeled my van scetched a few ideas for other projects and now ready to start texturing i have a few ideas on style and i will defenatly create many versions from poly count to textures and i may even do a few of the projects instead of just one, as last year i was told my work is good but theres just not enough of it. So this year im going to model anything and everything i can in the time i have and i will model them in as many different ways as i can fit into the time frame. i also want to concentrate on drawing more this year because i have modeled myself to death over the holidays, if it was interesting or fun in anyway i would model it. ive created fantasy villages, country lanes, modern day vehicles and people, i have improved alot from previouse work and this year is the time to show it. i am now confident on modeling people and i can now model vehicles easily. the latest vehicle i modeled not including the uni work is a bigfoot army truck, i descided to model it because it looked interesting and i wanted to get a nice looking vehicle into the crysis engine. i now have a fully working drivable bigfoot in crysis it even has smoke bellowing out of its exsaust.



this is my third character, i made this character to see how well i could produce a character with just painting in photoshop i also wanted to improve my edgeflow from my previous attempt. It worked out quite well, i improved on many aspects of my character modeling, which will help me in my up-coming uni work. Theres 2 areas ive realised i need to focus on to improve my character creation, one is to spend more time on clothing textures and the other,"Major" area is hands, i seem to give up and get bored of a character by the time i reach this vital area, for my next model iam going to make a nice set of hands.

this character is my second character i made and i didnt like the edgeflow at all thats why i created my woman character. you may be wondering why he looks ill, this is because i was asked by a friend to model a character which happened to be ill. also its partly down to my lack of photoshop practice.


these images are of my bigfoot truck again i used this model to practice my painting techniques on a 3d model, i tried to keep it simple as possible even though it was going into the cry engine, i tried to make fit with the style of the cry engine and when i put it next a crytek model it looked fine even though i hadnt put normal maps or spec maps on it.


i did this bus one day because i wanted to build a big vehicle with a detailed interior, i dont like the texturing on it as it lookes quite rushed because the rust is all over, there is no hint of the original look other than the shape, i may go back and produce a less rusted version.






these are a few other images i produced over the holidays. The bin was used in a street sene i created, the bed was for a friends mod and the last is a rabbit house i made to releive bordom.

No comments: